Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Rundown: TV Crushes


I have no idea where this theme for today's Rundown came from.

It's not like I've been watching old episodes of Saved by the Bell or Married...With Children or anything.

I was walking over to Angelo's to grab some dessert and BING!

We all had those television characters / actors that we absolutely loved growing up. They were everything you ever wanted in the future Mr. or Mrs. Whateveryournameis. If you're anywhere near the same age as me, prepare to fondly remember the fictitious females you fondled yourself to...

All-Time Top Five TV Crushes

5. Kelly Bundy (Christina Applegate)
The slutty future Veronica Corningstone came into my life right around the time I was realizing exactly what a slut was and what purpose they served. Needless to say, as a horned-up adolescent, I fell in love instantly with her big hair, small IQ and casual attitude about putting out. Needless to say, using phrases like "putting out" kept me from touching an actual breast until I was... well... nevermind.

4. Kelly Taylor (Jennie Garth)
Dispute this all you want, but I discovered Beverly Hills 90210. At least at John Uyen Elementary School in Chatham, Ontario I did. And just like every other guy my age with good taste, Kelly Taylor was the object of my affections. Donna was too dippy, Brenda was a Minnesota transplant and no one was interested in Andrea Zuckerman, except for same people who found Kimmy Gibbler from Full House attractive. Nope, it was all about Kelly Taylor even though she was the only woman in the history of television to live in California yet remain freakishly pasty.

3. Kelly Kapowski (Tiffani Amber Thiessen)
Beautiful? Check.
Athletic? Check.
Frequently wore cheerleader outfit or gym attire? Check.
What was not to love?

2. Samantha Micelli (Alyssa Milano)
Ah, Samantha Micelli - the first love of my life. A 8 1/2 x 11 poster of her stolen from Jennie Bishop's Teen Beat Magazine hung in my locker from Grade 4 until I left for Hamilton at the end of Grade 7. Something about the tomboy attitude mixed with the "you can tell she's going to grow up to be hot" looks worked wonders for me. Sadly, Alyssa Milano has grown up to be a C-list movie star who goes through baseball players like a hot knife through butter...

1. Winnie Cooper (Danica McKellar)
Go back and look at the picture that leads off this piece one more time... it's Winnie! I betcha Kevin Arnold is kicking himself now huh? Winnie was awesome. She was everything you could want in a woman - smart, pretty, didn't cramp your style, knew you needed time to hang out with Paul Pfeiffer and always seemed to end up being there for you, even when you dated Becky Slater just to make her jealous. You're the best Gwendolyn Cooper!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I definitely had a big crush on Alyssa Milano and Danica McKellar for sure, no doubt.
Ok I have a question for all you guys out there; Do you think Danica Patrick it hot? She's the first female Indy driver to win a race.
Have you seen the “at home with Danica Patrick” talk show spoof Video? Do you think she's too hot in that Blue dress? Check it out and you tell me; Is she Hot or Not?

Anonymous said...

Howdy,

I mostly visits this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]Plenty of useful information on spencerkyte.blogspot.com. Let me tell you one thing guys, some time we really forget to pay attention towards our health. Let me show you one truth. Research displays that almost 60% of all United States grownups are either obese or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Therefore if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. Infact many among us need to lose 10 to 20 lbs once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is not like piece of cake. If you improve some of your daily diet habbits then, its like piece of cake to quickly lose weight.

About me: I am author of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also mentor who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under difficult training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effective weight loss.