Monday, June 30, 2008

2 AM and I'm Wide Awake


If we're being 100% accurate, it's 2:05.

I've been sitting here at this computer for the better part of the last hour and a half, after having laid in bed for an hour without so much as closing my eyes.

I watched a webisode of MMA Live @ ESPN.com, played a little simulated Blue Jays Baseball and checked the usuals about three times each before deciding that an early morning iBlog post was in order.

Life has me awake at 2 AM on a Monday morning, one where I will be up at 5:30 with Sarah and out the door an hour later with Luke in tow.

Right now, all I can do with my life is sit and wait. Those of you who frequent the site know all about my inability to grasp the virtue of patience.

I'm dying to see the Bugs & Cranks stats for June, knowing that my SI linkage for The Thieving Bastards along with some solid numbers from various other pieces has me in a good position to make some coin for the first time in a long time. But those numbers are still a couple days away.

Those two jobs I mentioned in 10 Things are running through my head, as each is an opportunity to make something more of the situation I am currently in. Unfortunately, I can't force people to return my emails or let me know where I stand in the hiring process.

Ideas and stories and projects rattle around in my brain until they reach the "How do I get it out there?" stage where the answer is always "I don't know."

My eyes are wide open and my mind is racing.

Today is going to be a long day...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

auto insurance missouri I knew I was correct. My buddy and I placed a bet about which web site was superior. I thought your webpage was much better written, but she believed this article on trendy fashion tips was much better. We rounded up 5 loved ones memebers who had not seen either website before to examine them both over. Majority chose your site. Thanks for maintaing a excellent site. Maria - texas car insurance