Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Rundown: Latest Developments

I know that - for the most part - I use this blog on a daily basis to keep you updated on what's going on in my life and my head, but it's time for a Rundown and well, there is just a bunch of crap to full you in on, so here we go...


Top Five Recent Developments in the Life of E. Spencer Kyte


5. I Showered Today
Just thought I would let you all know that I'm not always a dirty, stinky bastard. That was only yesterday.

4. Sarah's Next Schedule Kicks Ass
Starting in July when she moves to General Surgery, her schedule will be two days, two days, five off for the rest of the summer. How awesome is that? We're going to get to have actual time to spend together through July and August. It'll also give us a chance to go visit people and spend some time preparing for this Engagement Party that's coming up.

3. I Still Have No Idea How These Things Work

By these things, I mean the Engagement Party. We keep getting conflicting reports and conflicting points of view. Register for gifts, don't register for gifts. We need an MC, we don't need an MC. Have a bar, don't have a bar. So far, the decisions are at register, no MC and some booze... I'll keep you posted.

2. No More Nomad
For at least the next eight months, we'll be staying in London. Sarah has an opportunity to get onto a floor that she really loves (Labour & Delivery), I've got a good thing going with my schedule at Montana's and the dynamics of living here with Garry are pretty solid, outside of Cool Hand Luke still barking at him whenever I'm around. So instead of packing up shop and shipping off somewhere new after our September sabbatical in Vancouver, we're staying put and worrying about moving post-wedding.

1. R.I.P. Passion Magazine
After six weeks of waiting around wondering WTF was going on, I finally got an email from one of my peeps at Passion last night. Actually, he used to be at Passion. He's not anymore. No one is. They're right back where they we this time last year when I was first scheduled to come on board. Positives - four published pieces and some quality exposure. Negatives - they still owe me for all my work and I think the chances of me seeing that green are slim and none.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

That sucks about Passion, Spencer! I think it's a sign that there's something better to come!
Remember the little people when you're a star!

Anonymous said...

I never did find a Passion magazine... and I looked in every Shoppers Drug Mart I passed and I even asked in a couple Chapters. I figured it was a good sign.. I guess I was wrong. :(