Thursday, September 25, 2008

Shameless Promotion... and Some Random Thoughts Too

You'll notice over on the right, where we keep The Movie List and The Blog Cellar, that there is a new addition to the posse.

It's a widget for The Love of Sports.

I do some work there.

Actually, I do a lot of work there.

Almost as much as I do anywhere else these days.

That's because these guys are straight knockout artists when it comes to writing intelligent and interesting pieces about sports - all sports - much like the way the B&C Family holds things down on the baseball ends of things on the daily.

I got hooked up at TLOS a couple months back and after getting my feet wet - and dropping off the Epic Carnival Sideshow Tour - I have started doing some regular pieces there, including getting a lot of my MMA addiction out of the way by previewing every PPV, profiling fighters and delivering my own personal Pound for Pound rankings. Those are coming soon...

I wanted to bring some attention to the site because, well, everyone needs traffic and if you like sports and stories about sports presented in a fairly unbiased nature and in great variety, drop by and check us out.

* * * * * * * * * *

'Member a few weeks back when I had Lil Wayne in the Soundtrack and said it was because down the road he was going to be viewed as a pioneer when it comes to digital artists and blending genres?

Seems Weezy is just doing it all these days, as he's now blogging for ESPN The Magazine.

Would you have guessed that the man who reps N'awlins more than anybody would be a Packers fan?

Me neither.

* * * * * * * * * *

Afternoon schmaltz movies are becoming a daily routine around here...

Crashed out and watched Saved the Last Dance today.

Somehow I forgot about it yesterday; definitely part of the Top 5, maybe at the expense of Benny & Joon.

P.S. What the hell happened to Julia Stiles? Where did she go? I miss her. I loved her.

* * * * * * * * * *

Went back to work for the first time in three weeks yesterday... and was sent home before I even started.

Not because I did something wrong; it was just that dead. Probably going to happen tonight too, which is fine, because the season premiere of Grey's is on tonight and I'll be pissed if I miss it.

Yeah, I watch Grey's. You got a problem with that?

* * * * * * * * * *

Speaking of work, it was really cool to get such a great response from everyone at The Cookhouse about our venturing out to BC.

Even though I've only been there for a short time, they're a great group of people and I will miss fucking the dog and avoiding work along side of them.

It's also funny that all of them to a man loathe working there and living in London.

It really isn't that hard to just up and leave people...

We're all still relatively young. Life is too short to sit around hating your job and wanting more. Go out and get more and enjoy life to the fullest.

* * * * * * * * * *

Oh yeah - I fell off the smoke wagon again.

Went the first eight days out west without a single one... ninth day, Sarah's mom came home.

Been smoking ever since.

Time to go have one now...

No comments: