Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Pack Them Bags...


We're moving to Kimberley!

The hospital in Cranbrook called this afternoon after Sarah got home from Wedding Dress shopping and offered her the position that she interviewed for last week.

First - congratulations to my fiancee for getting the job she wanted on the first try... it's not supposed to be this easy, but I'm glad it has been.

Second - YEAH BITCH!

I'm absolutely stoked about this move for a number of reasons:

  • I've fallen in love with the scenery in Vancouver and Kimberley is even nicer from the pictures I've seen
  • I'm going to learn how to snowboard
  • The golf courses look beautiful too
  • We've already found a condo and the place is aces... and comes with a hot tub on our balcony

Most importantly of all though is that this will be someplace new for both Sarah and I and we get to start building our life together on our own.

Nothing against either of our families and the great friends that we have in various other places we could have moved to, but we both want a chance to do things completely on our own and away from the eyes and opinions of our loved ones. We managed Newfoundland pretty darn well and we're sure we can do this too, even if they aren't...

Thankfully, we didn't unpack all that much when we moved to London, so this one shouldn't be too hard to prep for.

All we have to do now is decide if we're flying or driving...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Big K. Vancouver/SWBC is one of my favorite parts of the world. Been there many, many, many times, correcting grammar as I go...

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the new jobs, the new place and the new beginning. B.C is definitely one of the most beautiful places I have ever been and I envy your proximity to a ski hill (and hot tub).

E. Spencer Kyte said...

Thank you both...

I haven't secured a job yet, but do not think it's a stretch to think I can get the bartending gig on the hill.

As for proximity, we're going to be living right on the slope... ski in, ski out if we so choose...

You're more than welcome to come visit...

Anonymous said...

Way to go guys!! Congrats Sarah on the job :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jen!