Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Never Coming Back

Arrived in Vancouver today and quite frankly, I'm never leaving BC again.

How did no one ever tell me about this place or try to convince me to come here before now? Actually, Sarah tried to bring me here last Christmas but she went out and had her appendix removed instead...

There is just something about it here that I have instantly connected to and I don't think it's just a case of first day infatuation.

The serene quiet is incredible. I can already envision the pages and pages of writing that I could get done in a place this peaceful.

Natural light is a big thing to me and this place has it in spades. Well, Jane's house does and couple with the above noted silence, this place has quickly started rising up my favourite places list.

Having been a city-dwelling kid for most of my life, scenery like this has never been a part of my daily routine. Yes, St. John's was beautiful, still is and always will be. This place slides right into line next to St. John's on the beauty scale, with the mountains and trees and ocean and everything.

Getting more sports on a daily basis thanks to the beauty of Pacific Standard Time doesn't hurt either.

Bottom line: I don't ever want to leave.

It's a good thing I love it out here as much as I do too - Cranbrook is pretty much a done deal and we may have found a place already too... on a ski hill... with a hot tub...

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: