Saturday, September 6, 2008

Soundtrack of My Life


Artists: "Lonnie" and "The Inbred Hillbilly Kid"
Album: Deliverance OST (1972)

I know this one is going to make everyone wonder what in the name of all hell I'm talking about, but don't worry, I'm about to explain.

Today we drove from Midland to Ottawa via the route planned out for us by the fine folks that made the Garmin Nuvi GPS system that was directing us in the car today. Now, being a guy who has family in and around Ottawa, I've been here once or twice and know a couple ways to get here. None of them were the route that that Nuvi was sending us.

For anyone who doesn't have one of these things - save your money.

According to our GPS, the only way from Midland to Ottawa is via East Deliverance, Ontario down a set of dirt roads and rural locales that make the place where the guys from the clip above stop look like a booming metropolis. At one point we went from being on a mid-major highway that goes from Point A North of Midland through Algonquin Park to Point B Ottawa and our fabulous GPS told us to get off that road take some hillbilly highway full of potholes and pig farms only to have us get back on the original route some 45 minutes later.

Thankfully, we didn't have to stop anywhere to get gas, because I was without my banjo and I sure as shit wasn't ready to squeal like a pig...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeeeeeee Haw! Good thing you are taking a flight to Vancouver.