Friday, November 9, 2007

My Carnival Debut / Rain + Shitbox = Soaked Car


First, my debut piece over at Epic Carnival is up, so you have to go check it out. I'll even make it real easy for you... [CLICK HERE]

* * * * * * * *

It's pouring rain here - has been since I got up at 7:30 this morning.

I drive a car known by one and all as "The Shitbox" or "The Shitty" to it's close friends. Back in the Midland, Ontario days, it leaked like a sieve. Pools of water would accumulate at my feet and the seat would just suck in the water like Lindsay Lohan does the booze and blow... then it stopped.

For some unexplained reason, sometime last April or so, the car stopped leaking. We stopped having to bring fresh towels and garbage bags to sit on. I no longer had to worry about the cuffs of my pants getting drenched in the watery build-up that congregated at my feet.

So when I went out for a smoke a couple minutes ago I thought I'd check out the car, just for curiosity's sake. That, and I have to leave for work soon so I wanted to know if I needed to bring a towel to sit on.

The answer? HELL YES! Drenched, that is the only way I can describe it. Droplets of water are actually falling from my interior...

Good thing we're getting rid of the Shitbox come December! (Thanks Garry)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. My wife and I bought our house about 6 months ago. It was a foreclosure and we were able to get a great deal on it. We also took advantage of the 8K tax credit so that definitely helped. We did an extensive remodeling job and now I want to refinance to cut the term to a 20 or 15 year loan. Does anyone know any good sites for mortgage information? Thanks!

Mike