Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Rundown: Welcome to Frustration

For no real discernible reason, I've been kind of on edge and grumpy the last little while.

It seems like all kinds of little thing evoke a stronger reaction than normal and I more and more things bug me than ever did before.

Why? I don't know. Just a cycle I'm in I suppose.

As such, I thought I'd let you know the things that fire me up the most these days, you know, so you'll known how to push my buttons.

Top Five Frustrations

5. Mispronouncing the Word Frustration
Yes, I'm a bit of a stickler for this stuff because I spend a great deal of my days dealing with words and language, but c'mon people.

How you get "fustration" is about as ridiculous as saying "libary" or "axing" me a question. There are more than enough challenging words in the world for everyone to mispronounce (myself very much included) that we don't need to butcher some basics.

4. Complainers
This one is a bit dicey, because I've been known to do my own fair share of whining. I'm working on it though, one day at a time like rehab.

Too bad more people couldn't do the same.

One of the things that I've come to learn in the last few years of bouncing around the country, rocking bad jobs and making no money is that if you're unhappy with your situation, you have two options: change it or shut up.

If you don't want to work to improve your lot in life, I don't want to hear about how crappy your career, marriage, kids or anything else are.

3. Bugs
This one is completely petty and there is nexct to nothing I can do to change it, but they still make me mental.

We've been trying to get out and about more lately, enjoying Sarah's slack-ass August along with the sunshine and surroundings, but everywhere we go, bugs follow. And not just a couple flies here and there.

I'm a walking wasp magnet; the little fuckers won't leave me alone. Not when we were camping and not when we hit up the lake yesterday with the mongrel. Totally open to suggestions if anyone has some.

2. The North American Obsession with Fake Stars and Dead Stars
Why in the world is the media still talking about Michael goddamn Jackson? Dude has been dead for like six weeks now... let him be.

Jon and Kate's every move does not need to be reported on CNN, nor do the daily lives of Octomom, murderous Reality TV "stars" and countless pseudo-celebrities who get more airplay than people who actually make a difference in the world.

Sometimes I think it would be nice to live in the Middle of Nowhere, New Zealand or someplace like that, where no one gives two shits about any of this ridiculousness... provided they have the Internet.

1. Elitists
Yes, this is pretty general, but I can sum it up for you like this:

Despite what you think, you're not really better than everyone because you have money / went to a certain school / are of a certain race / have more experience at something arbitrary and if you think you are, people like me will take pleasure in reminding you that it is not the case.

This one transferred over to mixed martial arts today on Keyboard Kimura, as some fans think they're better, more real fans than others. How is that even possible?

Consider yourself appropriately warned.

No comments: