Saturday, August 15, 2009

TSN Comes Through Again


And by comes through again, I mean "gives all the more validity to the letter I sent them last week being critical of their lack of coverage of Mixed Martial Arts, furthering my hopes of being hired to cover the sport for Canada's Sports Leader."

I understand not being a haven for Breaking News in the world of Mixed Martial Arts.

I can deal with the general lack of coverage the sport receives over Canadian staples like curling and the CFL.

What I can't comprehend and fail to understand is how an historic event like tonight's Strikeforce main event between Gina Carano and Cris Cyborg does not receive a single shred of mention on the entire site?

I'm not talking about no coverage on the main page; no, this is click through to the MMA section and find the square root of SFA about what is easily the biggest fight in the history of Women's MMA and one of the biggest moments the fastest growing sport in the world has produced in some time.

What's earning time instead?

Thales Leites and company getting dropped by the UFC is the feature story, even though that broke on Thursday and today is Saturday, while the top three headlines are Miguel Torres' loss to Brian Bowles, UFC 101 results and Vitor Belfort being Rich Franklin's opponent at UFC 103.

Two of the three mentions of Strikeforce on the entire page are still about Fedor, including the earth-shattering revelation that the Russian superstar signed with the company... some fourteen days ago now.

Let's see if we can't get something done about this, as fans of Mixed Martial Arts, as fans and supporters of TSN and as loyal followers of yours truly that want to see me succeed, if only so I stop whining like a kid with skinned knees for once in my life.

Email TSN expressing your frustration and let them know there is a marginally talented Canadian MMA writer willing to help them out that they should contact. His name is E. Spencer Kyte.

You can hit up the Audience Relations department at the following address:

audiencerelations@tsn.ca

Chances are it won't amount to anything - much like my letter / resume / portfolio trio that they've already received - but there is no harm in trying, right?

Thanks in advance for your support faithful followers.

If this doesn't work, I'm pledging my undying allegiance to Showdown Joe and Rogers Sportsnet!

No comments: