Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Business 101

Just a quickie to see if I'm totally insane or whether my business sense is as good as I've always thought it was.


You hire a new guy that you don't necessarily want to bring on board but someone tells you you have to, so you do but your frustration with having to do so is pretty obvious.

Then, the day that you arrange to come in and meet him, you no show because something else came up, making him feel even more welcomed.

Finally, the day before he's supposed to work his first shift, you give him a call to see if he can come to where you are and pick up keys to open the store the next day. By himself. When you still haven't met him. And he has no idea where anything in the store is. Or who anyone is. Or say, I dunno, the code for the safe and the alarm maybe?


Is it just me or is that a really, really bad business strategy?

Please send any interesting job opportunties to spencerkyte@hotmail.com.

Thank you.

No comments: