I'm somewhat saddened today, as the first car I ever owned is no longer mine.
The Shitbox is changing hands, so I thought I would pay her one last tribute.
We've been together since February 2002, when I bought her off the shady Armenian guys in North York who somehow managed to get the car safetied without a horn or left turn signal, not to mention the ashtray that somehow when AWOL following my test drive.
Those first few months were dicey, as a mysterious problem drained her of her energy every other day. Even the folks at the Saturn Dealership with their fancy computers couldn't figure out what was wrong. Stupid trunk light...
With over 100,000 km logged together, we had some great adventures:
- A Cornwall trip to see the old man, soundtracked by 50 Cent's debut album
- The Dave Matthews Two Day'er - Montreal and Toronto, Back-to-Back
- Runs to every stop I've made along the way, from Midland to London and all points in between
Mind you, there have been some shit moments too:
- The Katie Cain Keying Incident
- A Year and a Half with Jay-Z & Linkin Park Collision Course stuck in the CD Player
- All the leaking...
- Surprise! No More Stereo!
The '97 Saturn Shitbox SL is going to a new home now, with Derek, my boss from Blockbuster. He's a Saturn driver himself, so I know he'll treat her well.
Actually, I don't know that he will. I don't even care really. I'm just glad to be rid of the heap. The fact that he's paying me for it is... I mean...
You're getting a great deal Derek. If I didn't have to go so soon I'd wait and get a better price on the old girl. But I'm off on Tuesday and the timing is right. You be good to my girl.
I'll miss you Shitty.