Monday, January 12, 2009

Good to Know I'm Not Alone

Not too long ago, I rolled out the Dishonor Roll for Mr. Brody Jenner and his new show Bromance where he brings a bunch of dudes to Hollywood to audition for a place in his "posse" of jobless, party-going douchebags.

Clicking around the web today, I landed at Next Round to see who they have pegged as the "Actresses you need to know heading into 2009." While I'll be posting a better list myself for Wednesday's Rundown - you can't include people who are already fairly well known - I found this little gem in the sidebar of previous posts:

Things Less Gay Than Brody Jenner's Show Bromance

Some of my personal favorites include:

  • Dry weddings
  • Sean Penn's character in Milk, gay rights activist Harvey Milk
  • Zac Efron
  • Saving yourself for marriage
  • Seeing Twilight with another dude
  • Capris for men
  • Ellen Degeneres
  • The picture used at the lead of this post
  • The basement scene in Pulp Fiction
The link is there for you to check out the rest of the list and peruse Next Round on your own, an activity I highly recommend.

I have to say, it's refreshing to know I'm not the only one that thinks a show about auditioning dudes to be one of your best friends just sounds like a thinly-veiled way of saying you love Sausage Parties.

* * * * * * * * * *

I know what you're thinking:

Dishonor should have a "u" in it, same with favorite. Well, at least if you're Canadian you're thinking that. Believe me, I know.

But since I'm striking out into the US and A as Co-Editor at The Love of Sports, I need to get my writing a little more Americanized, which basically means my man G is sick of editing my work for what he feels are superfluous "u's" strewn throughout my writing.

I told him it's like asking him to give me distances in kilometres and it's going to take time, but that didn't really get a response.

So, I'm phasing out the "u" to appease my US bosses and readers. Just don't ask me to sing the Star Spangled Banner...

No comments: