Tuesday, August 19, 2008

How Is Summer Almost Over?

There is a good likelihood that my employment at Montana's will be coming to an end in the next three weeks.

Not because I'm going to go postal and shoot up the place or stand on the bar with my pants around my ankles singing "Mary Had a Little Lamb" or anything like that.

No, my tenure is linked to Sarah's job situation and well, since it's almost September, I'm almost out the door.

How the hell did that happen so fast?

It's been three months since I started at Montana's and four since I arrived in London. That's insane!

This summer has flown by and it doesn't get any slower from here on out. Actually, it gets even more hectic, as the aforementioned Sarah Job Hunt gets into full swing which will undoubtedly be accompanied by packing, finding an apartment in another new city and moving all our worldly possessions.

Of course, that's while we're hammering out all the details of the wedding via email with the lazy wedding coordinator at the Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa in Samana. I know things are a little more laid back and relaxed down there, but does it really take two weeks to return an email?

And there is also a little thing called "Spencer Finally Sees Vancouver" taking place in September, which comes after we trek to Ottawa for a weekend for Sarah's friend Erin's wedding.

Hopefully when we get to the Left Coast things will slow down a little. But let's be honest - we're going back to Sarah's home - we'll be on the go 24/7.

No rest for the wicked...

No comments: