Friday, August 29, 2008

Soundtrack of My Life


Song: Yes We Can
Artist: Barack Obama
Album: None

I know I've dropped this video on you before, but after the stirring speech delivered last night, I felt it only right to include this song in the Soundtrack.

While I am certainly not an American, Barack Obama gives me hope and that speaks to the power of his words, his presence and his conviction to make our world a better place.

What he said about the American soldiers - that they weren't fighting for Red America or Blue America but the United States of America - sent chills down my spine and still does as I re-read it again today.

These are the messages that we need to spread, not only throughout America, but throughout the world and I look forward to being able to talk to my kids in the future about watching the times change right before my eyes as the first Black President of the United States was elected.

I won't stump for a Canadian politician to rise up and assume an Obama-like position within our country because politicians like Barack Obama don't come around very often. This is a man who can change our world and I only hope that he is given every opportunity to do so.

Yes We Can, Yes We Can.

No comments: