Saturday, December 8, 2007

Of Super Spies, Teenage Wizards and House Flipping

Don't get me wrong - I would very much rather be airborn on route to Vancouver at this time instead of sitting in The Cove, but the situation being what it is, it's been a pretty enjoyable day all around.

Since there isn't a great deal Sarah is able to do, the best bet has been nonstop movies and television, with little naps and trips to the kitchen and bathroom sprinkled in when necessary.

We've watched a bunch of home renovation stuff over the course of the day. From an Extreme Makeover Home Edition marathon to several episodes of Flip That House, one thing is certain: I now have a wealth of information to write about over at the newest addition to the Spencer Kyte Writing Portfolio, a Real Estate website called Nudigs. A friend operates the site and asked me to contribute and so far, I have one article up for your enjoyment. Besides the house flipping shows, my bedouin lifestyle really comes in handy for this one...

Started in on the Harry Potter series today, as the fifth installment comes out Tuesday and I grabbed it from work. It was a handful of years ago that I watched the first three episodes with my friend Chrissy, so I don't remember a lot other than names and general themes. One down, four to go... not sure if we'll get through them all or not. Wish us luck...

The series we should have nabbed from Blockbuster was The Bourne Series, as Ultimatum comes out Tuesday as well and I am a far bigger fan of International Super Spies than Teenage Wizards. I absolutely loved the first Bourne, enjoyed the second and having watched the third early this AM must say that three was good and I only hope they make the next installment too. It would only be right since there are two books left and all...

We're taking a break from the routine we've set forth today and watching one of our favourite movies of all time, Love Actually. Could you imagine if Hugh Grant really was Prime Minister of England... How awesome would that be?!

No comments: