Friday, October 17, 2008

Hello Kimberley!


Having just arrived here today, I figured we'd skip the soundtrack for today (I'll rock a tune tomorrow for all the diehards... Newt!) and give you a quick tour of the new digs.

Warning: This video contains one bad ass condo that I am now calling home and will surely make you hate me. It also includes a cameo by Cool Hand Luke and the future Mrs. Kyte.

* * * * * * * *

The video - which would have made you all fill up with bitterness upon seeing our new surroundings - was just too big to upload onto the page. I'll re-shoot one tomorrow and keep it a little shorter and we'll get it up here in the next couple days.


* * * * * * * * *

We've been here for the afternoon now and here is the run down of the digs and the town of Kimberley.

  • Already rocked the hot tub and it's as awesome as would be expected
  • Deer roam wild here... on our front and back lawn... scores of them... this might be dangerous... for them!
  • Been to work and I don't start until Wednesday, which is nice. There is also a distinct possiblity that I will be able to take the ski lift up the hill and walk home every day. Now I just have to figure out how to get down the hill without concussing myself

In short, this place is awesome. I already have the relaxed and focused feeling that hit me when we landed in Vancouver and anticipate it will be even stronger here, since everyone seems to say hello when you pass them in the street and traffic consists of four cars...

Ladies and gentlemen, we've found our paradise!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the big move! Glad to hear that you are settling in nicely. Cant wait to see the vid or pics or whatever.