Saturday, July 25, 2009

Can Someone Please Explain This?

There are a lot of things in this world that make me scratch my head in confusion. Some of them I understand and just find ridiculous, some of them baffle me every time.

For instance, I get the whole "kids on leashes" thing, but it still is one of the most ridiculous concepts around to me. Kind of like Crocs.

One that I don't get - and am now soliciting your help with - is this:

Why do people go to a fast food restaurant, get the food "to go" and then sit in their car in the parking lot, sucking back the greasy goodness?

We witnessed this again the other night when we made a long-overdue McDonald's run and I posed the question above to Sarah.

Her explanation - "maybe some people don't want to eat alone in the restaurant" - is very plausible for individuals making the shortest "to go" trip imaginable with their goodies, but what about the rest of the people?

Unless you're flying solo, I don't understand this one bit.

You've get less surface area to spread of the tasties, potentially make a mess of your car and create more garbage with the take out bag, as opposed to the plastic "dine in" tray that I tend to throw in the garbage 7 out of 10 times... accidentally, of course.

And it's not like your local McRaunchies is some kind of sterile, entertainment-free zone. The one in Cranbrook has like six flat screen televisions, a cool little "coffee house" area with comfy chairs and always has decent music playing.

Unless you're opposed to stimulus, it's gotta be better than putting back a burger or seven in the Hyundai ...

Somebody has got to help me out with this one.

P.S. Tell me that isn't one of the best usages of those Ronald McDonald statues you've seen... hilarious!

2 comments:

David said...

Great use of the RMcD statue - agreed.

Maybe those people that drive-thru and eat in the car are just too damn lazy and fat to get out and waddle into the restaurant?

Ashley said...

Ok, I'm not proud of this....
People are too lazy to get dressed and comb their hair so they go to the drive thru but they don't want the food to get cold so they eat it in the car....
Shameful, shameful, shameful...