Friday, May 22, 2009

Soundtrack of My Life



Song:
No Diggity
Artist: Blackstreet feat. Dr. Dre and Queen Pen
Album: Another Level (1996)

As we're rolling into summer, I'm rolling out my all-time favorite summer jam for this week's soundtrack.

To prove I'm not just pulling out an old song and claiming it as my favorite, please reference this Rundown from last year. See what #1 on that list was? No Diggity.

We went crazy for this song when it came out! This was the first song to the first summer where I was old enough to go out driving around on my own and didn't have to be home before 11:00. Everywhere we went, this song was getting played... loud.

The video was epic, with the Lil' Penny inspired puppets and Dr. Dre's intro rap signaling his long-awaited return, not to mention the first and last time we ever heard from Queen Pen.

There was nothing special lyrically about this track, but back in those days, it was all about a nasty beat and this song has it in spades. Tell me you don't recognize this song as soon as it comes on? That piano, that thumping bass, the "Um-huh"... classic.

Just watch the video and try to get this song out of your head. Try it. I dare you.


No comments: