Saturday, March 28, 2009

This One Might Get Me in Trouble

But honestly, I don't care.

Just like all those guys Jose Canseco accused of using steroids couldn't do anything back then because he was telling the truth, the same goes for this one right here.

My career at Fight! Magazine was extremely short-lived.

Their side of the story will be that I wrote something on here a few months ago that they weren't too happy with and decided to cut ties with the mouth Canadian kid who was looking for a job.

My side is that - while I love each and every one of you - about 40 people a day drop by and read this thing, so getting your panties in a bunch because I mentioned how shitty the copy you sent me makes you look pretty ridiculous. Oh, did I mention they then didn't use the edited version I sent back to them?

What makes this even funnier to me is that MMA is the fastest growing sport in the world, these guys have the largest North American market share and the material that comes out every month is not only full of errors, but generally a little outdated.

I can't tell you how much I wish there was a million bucks in my bank to start-up my own MMA mag to go toe-to-toe with Fight! Not because I'm sour that I didn't get more of an opportunity, but because if they can put out what they do on a monthly basis and be successful, someone needs to put together a really tight, well-written, insightful monthly MMA magazine and make a mint.

Any investors out there?

No comments: