Saturday, April 4, 2009

The Plan of Attack

I make a lot of lists.

In fact, I have a white board in my office that is designated specifically for that purpose, to write down all the shit that I want / need to do in the future.

Right now it's blank; I'm on pre-holiday holidays and not doing anything much above the daily requirements until we get back from getting hitched. Then it's on.

See, I know I've talked a lot of shit over the years about all the grand schemes and ideas and plans I've had of how to make it in this business and get myself to the next level, but like 95% of the people out there, I haven't been so good with the follow through.

That changes once we get back. In fact, it already has started, as one of the things on my list was a return to iBlog with the same passion and daily drive that made it your favorite place to stop by for the first year.

I've also gotten the go ahead to pitch any ideas I have to that MMA magazine I was telling you about earlier in the week, so that's a start. While I certainly will continue being the MMA guy at The Love of Sports, getting my name in print in the industry is always priority number one.

But there is more and I'm not aiming small.

I'm going to keep pushing the MMA side of things, hopefully lining up a big interview for when we take our trip to Albuquerque in November and exploring any interest TSN might have in ramping up their coverage of the fastest growing sport in the world.

TLOS is going to get a major jolt as well, as a chunk of each day will be spend promoting the site everyone and anywhere possible, not to mention my return to Bugs & Cranks and hopefully, the unveiling of a little project that has been in the works for some time.

But for now, I'm heading back to the couch. It's Final Four time kids and I don't start work for another three hours ...

No comments: